This article is specifically made for the iOS users. Today we will take an insight into iTunes Download App for Android, Windows & iPhone Store Free through this article. We will learn about the basics of iTunes download along with its features, how to download and use it among many other things.
iTunes Download is the official app to get music, movies, other media for the iPhone, iPad, iPod and the Mac. It is a music and media library a music player. You can also use it to listen to radio and use it as device management tool. Furthermore, users can download various music and media by using this app.
In the succeeding segment of this article, it’s time to see why iTunes Download is a very popular app and take a look at its features and history.
- About iTunes
- iTunes Download for iPhone
- Download iTunes for Android
iTunes was originally released as SoundJam MP in 1998 and was developed by Bill Kincaid. Apple Inc. acquired SoundJam MP and renamed it iTunes in 2000. Its developers moved on to work for apple where they continue to work today as the software’s original developers.
When Apple purchased SoundJam MP, they changed its interface a little bit and changed the named it to iTunes. They also added the ability to burn CDs and removed the skin support of SoundJam MP. Apple revealed the first version, iTunes 1.0 in 2001.
iTunes Download only had support for the Mac OS 9, support for Mac OS X was added after the release of version 2.0. Support for Windows was added in 2003, with the release of iTunes 4.1. The launch of the iPod shuffle brought with its version 4.7.1, which had the feature to convert high-quality songs to lower quality.
The basic and main features include media management, download, and purchase of music, movies, TV shows, books, etc. which we will talk about in the next section. Some of the outstanding features of the iTunes store are that it also provides a service by the name of iTunes U. What it does is that it delivers university lectures which can be very helpful to students who have a tight schedule. For faster access to other info relating to iTunes, refer this table below;
|iTunes Integration:||Direct access links:|
|Backup iPhone to iTunes||Backup on iOS|
|How to Authorize Computer for iTunes support||Steps for PC Authorization|
|iTunes Login & Account Sign In||Steps for Application Login|
|iTunes Alternatives||Best apps in 2017|
By using this app, you can purchase music, music videos, movies and TV shows, books, podcasts, and also ringtones. You can sync your collection to your PC and also access it via your PC. So you can easily watch and listen to your favorite media anywhere and anytime. Now, after studying a brief history about the iTunes app, we will discuss the topic of iTunes download for iPhone.
iTunes Download for iPhone
As I have mentioned above, iTunes Download is a great software that lets you add, organize and sync your media collection with your PC, Mac or a portable media device such as the iPod. You can sync your media library with your PC and iPod with the help of iTunes download.
Any Apple product comes with the iTunes app pre-installed in it. So you won’t have to bother downloading the app from the internet. Now, let’s take a look at the Software’s main features.
- The app lets you keep track of songs by creating a virtual library and also allows you to edit the song’s attributes. Attributes or Metadata includes album art and the song’s info such as artist, year etc.
- iTunes Download supports the majority of audio formats so that you can play songs without any hassles.
- It introduced video support in 2005 where you can view the videos from your PC or Mac in your iOS handheld device.
- Later on, Apple also added the purchase of movies and various media like TV shows, music videos to iTunes store.
- The iPad was released in 2010 and with it, Apple Inc. also released a new app called Books. This app has an integration with the iBooks Store where you can access e-books.
- You can also use is to purchase and download e-books.
- The main use of apart from music and media is to install apps. This section of the iTunes store, also known as the App store, keeps tracks of all your applications and games.
- You can purchase, download and update all of your applications from here.
These were some of the main features of the iTunes Download App which the users can avail on their iOS devices. Now, let’s move on to how to download iTunes app for Android.
Download iTunes for Android
Now, you would’ve been able to do iTunes download and use the app on your Android phone had Apple made a version available for the Android OS. But that is indeed not the case. But Apple has made the integration of the music section with other devices. So, you can access your iTunes store music library from your Android smartphone.
Here’s how you can do that by using the steps below. You must follow the steps in the exact manner that they are given in or you may get lost in the process and might not be able to do what you wished for.
- There are so many apps that you can use to transfer your iTunes app music library to your Android device. But in this method, we are going to use the Apple Music app to perform the task.
- First of all, download the app from the Google Play Store and install it on your phone.
- Apple doesn’t usually make apps for Android. But in an attempt to grasp those iTunes store customers who made the wise decision of switching to Android, they developed an app called Apple Music.
- With the help of this app, you can use your iTunes Download music library to listen to your songs. You are without a doubt, going to need an Apple ID.
- You will already have one if you had an iOS device before. This app has all the same features like iTunes Download App and you can use it easily.
- The app gives you suggestions from a collection over 30 million songs. With this amount, you can easily find all your favorite songs in a jiffy.
- Apple Music also lets you keep all the playlists you made when you were using an Apple device.
This app has its own faults, but it still is the official method to stream your iTunes app music library. You can also try out other methods but not all of them are dependable and trusted. So, we recommend you to go with the proper Android iTunes Integration as explained here.
iTunes for Windows Download
iTunes Download is extensively for music and other digital media and syncs them with your PC or a Mac. Syncing has been made easy since Apple made it available for the Windows platform. You can now easily download the iTunes app for Windows and start enjoying the Apple experience on your PC.
We have prepared a special guide for you in this article, to help you with the process of iTunes Download for a Windows PC. Here are the steps to get the app running on your PC.
- iTunes download and Installation process:
- Click on the following link to do iTunes download on your PC:
- This is the official site of Apple and it will automatically detect your Windows version and accordingly recommend you a version compatible with your PC.
- Enter your Apple ID in the required field and then click on download.
- The iTunes download will be complete in a couple of seconds. Then double-click on the setup file to start the installation process.
- Agree to the terms and conditions in the following steps, follow the on-screen instructions and iTunes app will be installed right away.
- Click on the following link to do iTunes download on your PC:
- Using iTunes app on Windows PC:
- You can now import CDs into the iTunes Download library and this process will convert the songs’ format to either MP3 or AAC.
- Apart from the above feature, you can also create an Apple ID which ca allow you to access the iTunes store. With this, you can purchase songs, music videos and other media like podcasts, audiobooks, movies and TV shows.
- If you own an iPhone or an iPod, then you have the option to sync your music library across the two devices.
- By the option of sync, you can sync your iOS devices with your PC. If you do this, then you ca access your music library either from your iPhone, iPod, iPad or your PC. So, you need not bother making different playlists for different devices.
With this topic, we have covered the iTunes download on Windows and also how to install and use it. We hope that you have a complete grasp of the method and now you will be easily able to download and install the app on your Windows PC.
iTunes for PC Mac free Download
The Apple Mac is a great PC from Apple Inc. As its an Apple product, it comes with the latest version of the iTunes store installed on it. If you have a Mac, then you don’t need to install the iTunes Download store software as it is a part of what gets installed with the default Mac OS.
But still, if by any chance you have deleted it from your Mac, then you will have to do iTunes download on your Mac and install it again. Here are the steps.
- First and foremost, you will have to go to the official website of Apple for iTunes download and install the app. Here is the link to the website.
iTunes Download for Mac
- The website will automatically detect that you are using a mac and the Mac OS version. And it will suggest you a suitable version of the app for you to download.
- Enter the e-mail address and click on whether or not you want to receive updates. Then click on the “Download” button to start iTunes download.
- After the download is complete, the installation process will start automatically. If it doesn’t, then locate the installer file from the downloads folder and double-click on it.
- This will definitely start the installation process. In the beginning, you will need to agree to various introductory terms and conditions until you see the “Install” button.
- Click on the button and it will ask you to enter your username and password of your Mac. Enter them and you will see a progress bar indicating the progress of installation of iTunes Download app.
- After some time this process will be complete and you can start using the app on your Mac with the latest version of it installed.
- You can create an iTunes store account which will allow you to purchase music along with other digital media on your Mac.
- You can also use iTunes store burn CDs with songs from your music library.
- Apart from that, you can sync your iPhone,iPod, or iPad with your Mac. This permits you to access your iTunes Download media library across all of these devices.
As you can see, this is how you can install or update the iTunes download on your Mac. Along with that, we have also included a small guide on how you can use the app in coalition with the Mac and your iOS devices.
What is iTunes App Store?
The iTunes App store, or generally known as the App store, is the official marketplace for the iOS platform. It allows the users to look for and download apps and games on iOS devices like the iPhone, iPod touch, and the iPad. The apps that are on the app store are developed using Apple’s iOS SDK. Users can also download these apps to the Apple Smartwatch and Apple TV.
The iTunes app store was first launched in 2008. It allowed Apple complete control of third-party apps for the first time. When the iPhone 3G was launched, it came pre-installed with iOS 2.0.1 with app store support. As of June 2016, there are over 2 million apps on the app store with over 15 billion total downloads.
The app store consists of apps and games from every genre. These apps and games are arranged according to various categories. You can browse through various categories or simply search by typing the name of the app in the search bar. Then you can pick the app from the results.
Of all the apps that are available on the App store, a fraction of them is paid and the rest of them of free. To download and install apps from the app store you need to have an Apple account. This was the basic introduction to the app store and how to use it. Next is the iTunes account login guide.
iTunes Account Login Guide
An Apple ID or an iTunes store account is a necessary thing you need to have if you own an iOS device such as the iPhone, iPod, or the iPad. By creating this account you can avail the services of the iTunes store. You can use it to buy music, movies, TV shows, etc.
Having an iTunes Download account is absolutely necessary because only then will you be able to download and install apps and purchase stuff from the iTunes Download store. We have created a quick guide with the help of which you can easily create an Apple ID.
There are three methods to create an Apple ID out of which we are going to discuss two. You can create an iTunes app account on an iPhone by following the steps below.
- Go, to iCloud in the Settings menu of the iPhone. Then scroll down all the way to the bottom and click on “Create a new Apple ID”.
- The next step involves entering your basic information like birth date, name, etc. Enter those and go to the next step.
- There, you will have to enter an email address you want to use with the account. You can choose an existing email address and press “Next”.
- Now comes the most important step of the method. Selecting a proper password can be tricky. You need to create a proper password to prevent hacking.
- Don’t choose anything too predictable and don’t use or name or birth date, because those things can be guessed easily. Create a proper and unique password that only you can think of.
- Then click “Next” and after three security questions, your free Apple ID will be created.
Another method to create an Apple ID is from the official website of Apple. Here’s how you can do that and in much lesser steps.
- You can reach the official website of Apple from here: https://appleid.apple.com/account#!&page=create
- There you will see the whole form that you need to fill to be able to create an Apple ID.
- Quickly fill up the form details and click on “Continue”.
- Then Apple will send you a verification code to your email address which you will need to enter to complete the sign-up process.
With this method now complete, you can use the iTunes account you’ve just created across any number of iOS devices including your iPhone, iPod, iPad and Mac too.
About iTunes Gift card
iTunes gift cards are basically gifts that you can give to anyone that you want. And they can use it for anything they want on the App store. If you have received one, then you can also use it to buy something from the iTunes Download Store or the iBooks store.
Anyone can purchase these gift cards from any Apple store and thousands of other retailers in a wide range of denominations. You can give Apple Music cards to your friends and family so they can enjoy their favorite tracks and have to access to all the music they ever wanted. The Apple music gift cards come with either a 12 or 3-month subscription in which you have to pay less amount than the usual.
Receivers of the gift cards can redeem them by simply following the instructions given on the back of the card. Of course, you need to have an iTunes account to redeem a gift card. After redeeming the gift card, you can buy anything from the app store and even sync those purchases across your other devices.
How to play iTunes Radio?
When we were having a look at the features of the iTunes App, we also talked about the radio feature. You can listen to automatically generated playlists based on ratings and most trending tracks. The iTunes radio was launched in 2013 and was aimed to be a competitor to the already existing streaming services such as Spotify, Pandora Radio, etc.
With this app, you could listen to music that you have already purchased. But with the help of iTunes Radio, you can listen to customized radio stations, make your own mixes and discover new mixes of the songs that you love. Down below, you will find the steps to use the iTunes radio.
- First of all, make sure you have the latest version of iTunes Download on your iOS device. Then you can drop down the menu from the top-left corner of the main screen.
- Then select “Radio” from the buttons near the top of the screen. This will open the main page of iTunes Radio.
- Apple will recommend you a list of few stations. It will give you suggestions based on your music library in the My Stations Section. Click on any one to start listening to it.
- In this section, you have the option to create your own stations. To create a new station, you must click on the + sign on the top of the screen.
- Now, in the resulting window, type the name of the song or the artist on the basis of which you want to create your station.
- After the results appear, click on the song or artist and your station will be created.
Once you click on the station, it will start playing and each song will be related to another. The more you rate songs, the more the songs will play according to your tastes. You can even buy songs directly from the Radio just by clicking on the song’s price on the top of iTunes app.
iTunes Download Alternatives to be considered
While you can download and sync music across your iOS devices with the help of iTunes Download, there are also many alternatives to the official store that you can use for the same purpose. We have prepared a list of all the best alternatives that you can check out if you are looking to take a break from using iTunes app.
- MediaMonkey Standard: This is a free media manager and is compatible with every iOS device and also some non-Apple music players. You can use this app to manage huge collections of music and media. The free version of the app is easily available and comes with a behemoth amount of features with it.
- Amarok: Amarok is a great iTunes Download store alternative that you can use across various platforms like the Unix, Linux, Windows, and also Mac OS X. On top of the basic feature of syncing your music library, you can also discover new music. Amarok does this by integrating its services with some streaming sites like Jamendo, Last.fm etc. So, you can consider this app to be one of the best alternatives to the iTunes App.
- Winamp: This is one of the earliest full-fledged media players and people got to get their hands on this app in the year 1997. It is the favorite choice of many music lovers all around the world. You can use Winamp to synchronize DRM-free media to the iPod making it one of the best alternatives to the iTunes store. This app hasn’t been in active development, but it still is a very good replacement to take into consideration.
These were some of the best alternatives you can find on the internet. These apps are all worth having and you can use them across various platforms so you don’t have to worry about cross-platform support which is a major concern sometimes.
How to take iTunes Backup?
For an Apple user, taking the iTunes Download backup should be an important thing. If you’re an Apple user, then there is no doubt that it will be stacked up with songs of every kind. There might even be Movies and other media including some important lectures from iTunes U.
For the particular reason that you don’t lose your collection, you must take a backup of your iTunes Download library from time to time. You can follow the steps below and backup your music library. In this method, we are going to use a Mac to take the backup.
- You will need a storage drive, either internal or external, it just needs to be compatible with your Mac. You need to format whatever drive you are using with Mac OS X extended.
- Plug in your drive if it’s an external drive. If it’s internal, then make sure that it has enough space on it to hold your iTunes Download library.
- On your Mac, open a search window and go to ~Music. That will take you to the library. This is the default folder for the iTunes download songs.
- You can also reach there from the finder window by clicking on “Music” from the sidebar of the window.
- After that, open a second finder Window and navigate to the storage drive folder where you intend to take the backup of the music library.
- Then click on the folder and drag it to the storage folder and drop it there. This will start the backup process and your iTunes app library will be copied to the storage location in some time. This time depends on the size of your library.
If you have a backup of your iTunes store songs and media then you can easily retrieve them in case your phone is stolen or the data gets erased.
Get iPhone Apps without iTunes Download
While the iTunes store is the official destination to download and install apps and games of your choice, you have to enter your credit card info sometimes to download them. And by the way, not all of the users want to pay for the premium apps.
And what if you don’t like the latest update of some app and you want to rollback to the previous version? iTunes store doesn’t provide that kind of option to its users. So, we have a list of the best alternatives where you can install all the apps that you want free of cost; even the paid ones.
- Cydia: You may have heard this name from your friend when you asked him about a good place to download apps other than the iTunes store. Cydia is probably the biggest destination to download free apps and apps that are not available on the App Store. But you have jailbreak your iOS device to use Cydia.
- AppCake: This is another great alternative that you can use to download iPhone apps, both free and paid. AppCake is basically a community where enthusiastic iOS users upload their IPA files so that other needful users can download and install those apps with ease. You can also get the premium apps for free here.
- Frozen Installer: Now, this app is an alternative to both iTunes app and Cydia. By the use of this app, you can install third-party apps. And you don’t even to need to jailbreak your iOS device to make use of this app. Frozen Installer is similar to Cydia but has faster and cleaner interface than the former.
These apps are just some of the best alternatives to the iTunes store and you can use them to install free, premium apps and third-party apps for free. There are also some other apps similar to the above ones that you can find on the internet.
Did you enjoy reading this article on iTunes Download App for Android, Windows & iPhone Store Free? If yes, then give us your feedback at iTunes Help. If you have any queries, then you can contact at the same website. We will get back to you with a solution as soon as we can.