iTunes is the centerpiece of the iOS platform. It is the hub for many things including music, movies, TV shows, radio, university lectures, etc. But today we are going to talk about iTunes for Android: How to use iTunes on Android Smartphone.
Apple products have been the staple of the smartphone and multimedia platform for quite some time. Now, the reason for this is the top-notch quality that it provides to its users. iTunes has been one of the main reasons why it has reached new heights in every department that it performs.
The following parts will explain to you how you can possibly use iTunes for Android. You will also learn how you can sync your iTunes Android music library with your Android phone and transfer it over.
Features of iTunes
iTunes is a diverse application developed by Apple Inc. for the iOS platform. It works as a media player, device management app, a digital store to purchase media, online radio, etc. It is mainly used for purchasing and downloading music and other digital media available on the store.
See how to login into iTunes
You can very well use it on all the Apple devices and also the Windows platform. It also has the iTunes Radio which allows users to listen to online radio. The App Store provides application software for the iPhone, iPad, and the iPod touch. Let’s see the features in a detailed manner.
- It is the official digital media store and app store for devices running on the iOS platform.
- You can listen, purchase and download music. You can create playlists and even sync them your other iOS devices so that you can listen to your favorite songs anytime you want.
- They later added a feature for video support so that you can add videos to the store for organizing them.
- The users can view and download movies and TV shows as well as music videos from the store.
- iTunes Radio is basically an online radio that Apple developed to be a competitor to existing radio services such as Pandora, Spotify, etc.
- There is a special feature for students and learning enthusiasts alike called iTunes U.
- This feature provides university lectures to students who aspire to learn anytime they want.
- The App Store, as you know, is the hub for getting apps and games for the iOS devices.
These were some of the most eye-catching features of the store. In the next part, we are going to have a discussion on whether you can use iTunes for Android or not.
Can you download iTunes for Android?
You may have thought about this question many times, but can you actually download iTunes for Android? The answer to this question is no. You can’t download and install the iTunes for Android as it is strictly an iOS only app.
Apple hasn’t made iTunes Android available. Unfortunately, Android users won’t be able to get a taste of this app. Mostly, what happens is that when iOS users make the switch to Android (finally!), they want to be able to use the songs and media that they purchased.
Luckily for Android users, this is possible with the use of some apps. You can easily transfer all the music from your iTunes library to your Android smartphone without paying anything extra. The procedure for this is pretty simple. There are many apps which you can use to get this task done.
Let’s take a look at two of the many methods available to transfer your iTunes music library over to your Android smartphone.
Transfer iTunes music to Android
There are many methods available if you want to use iTunes App for Android. We tested a few of them and found out that two of them were the simplest and efficient. You will find both methods explained in detail below. Moreover, both the methods will perfectly fine and you can choose any one of them according to your convenience.
Download and install iTunes for Windows
- Using iSyncr.
- First of all, if you were an iOS user, then you must have the app set up on your PC. If not, then you should immediately.
- After that download the iSyncr app on your Android phone as well as your PC.
- Then connect your phone to the PC via a USB cable and open the iSyncr app.
- The app will automatically detect your device and a window will pop-up asking you to select the files that you want to sync with your device.
- Click on iTunes and the files transfer will happen from the library to your Android phone. This way you will be able to access your music library on your Android phone.
- Using Apple Music.
This app was an effort from Apple in a bid to keep its customers who made the wise choice to switch to Android. Apple generally doesn’t make apps for the Android OS, but they made just this one so the users could still access their iTunes Android music library even after making the switch.
- The first step is, of course, downloading and installing Apple Music from the Google Play Store.
- You are going to use an Apple app, so it goes without saying that you need an Apple ID to use this app.
- After the installation is complete, launch it and enter your Apple ID and start enjoying all your songs from your old library.
- You can also transfer the playlists so that you don’t have to make it again.
- Apple Music also has all the features of the Store. The app has its flaws but its still pretty decent.
So, this were the methods of transferring your songs and media from the library to your smartphone. These were the alternative methods you have to use because of the unavailability of iTunes for Android.
After reading this article, you have a clear understanding why you can’t use iTunes for Android. The two methods provided in the above part are very easy to follow and you can easily use them to use the music library. If you face any troubles, then contact us at iTunes Guide.